despite facing opposite ways for shots, i'd say there's a bit of a difference. I feel more round and generally bigger. I don't have any major discomfort to complain about, but I have started sleeping with extra pillows between my legs and am generally restlesss if sitting still for too long. Thankfully, I've been able to find ways to rest smart. And, yes, I've even gone to using a birthing ball (aka exercise ball) to sit on at home and at work. I am thinking that I might find some comfort in relaxing on a birthing ball during labor too. and speaking of birth balls, i hope to do some rebozo sifting soon using the rebozo that my dear friend is lending to me just for this purpose, and yes, i've been doing my exercises and seeing my chiropractor (who is awesome, btw) for optimal positioning. Here's noah helping me with some exercises
(fyi,
a rebozo is a woman's garment used in Mexico. Rectangular in shape, rebozos vary in size from 1.5 to upwards of three meters, and can be made of cotton, wool, silk, or articela. They can be worn as scarves or shawls, and women often use them to carry children and take products to the market. It is a garment accessory women wear over their shoulders (over the dress or blouse). They range in value from very inexpensive to hundreds of dollars.)
other notable changes to note...my hair and scalp feel SO nice. after battling with dry hair and scalp issues for several years (most notably after Noah's birth), it feels wonderful to have healthy feeling hair again.
Roo has been measuring right on and my weight gain is good, although I've noticed growing in several areas besides my belly. Here's the typical weight gain breakdown taken from one of my favorite week to week pregnancy calendars
12 pounds: Maternal stores (fat, protein, Cheezits, etc.)
4 pounds: Increased fluid volume, aka water weight, aka blooooaaaat
2 pounds: IN YOUR BRA
2 pounds: Uterus
2 pounds: Amniotic fluid
1.5 pounds: Mmmmmplacenta
7.5 pounds: Baby! (“HA!” says the woman who birthed a 10-pounder.)
Although, all said and done, that's only 31 lbs...i gained much more than that with Noah. I've already gained probably 18 or so lbs and am supposed to gain a pound a week...so. ahem. well. what can you do?!
Scott's been able to feel Roo move around a bit which has been fun for all because he didn't feel Noah a whole lot. Noah is interested in feeling the baby too, but we haven't been able to get noah to sit still long enough and Roo to stay active enough for that to happen. Noah does enjoy giving the baby kisses, talking to Roo and giving kazurbets too.
We have a fetal surveillance and scar/placenta ultrasound check next week. More on all of that fun with more details on trips to Lewisburg soon.
and for some other family fun stuff...here are a few fun pics of helping daddy build a new retaining wall and digging for earth worms. Remind me for updates on the 14 new bargain trees we planted/are planting soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment