So, here's what I plan to do with the help of my supportive, loving and amazing family and dear friends. Some of these things I've already started since I'm already 13 weeks (!!) while others of them I need to get working on.
- Scott and my dear friend Christine helped motivate me to create an active (but not TOO active) pregnancy plan to stay fit and healthy.
- Prenatal yoga on Friday(?) evenings or maybe on thursday evenings?
- Some strength training two evenings a week (Monday and Wed?) consisting of simple exercises like squats, lunges, modified push ups, arm rows, curls, etc.
- A walk around the hood on the weekends with Noah hopefully on his cool, green bike
- Some good stretching and activities to promote optimal fetal positioning.
- (ask me what I have planned for other nights of the week)
- We found amazing midwives whom I trust and whom I think mesh very well with our beliefs and desires for a healthy and natural pregnancy and birth. They spend a lot of time with us during appointments, and I have really enjoyed that experience so far. More on this to come in the future...
- I will be seeing a chiropractor regularly during pregnancy to help keep me adjusted to give the baby plenty of room to grow and to promote good positioning.
- I will regularly have prenatal massages to keep me comfortable, relaxed and rejuvenated as my body adjusts to a growing baby.
- I will get my thyroid checked every month
- I will study and learn the hypnobabies technique to be used during pregnancy and labor to keep me calm, focused, and committed to a peaceful birth.
- I will find ways to emotionally prepare myself to any obstacles that we may face along the way.
- I will give and receive as many hugs from my family and friends as possible. I would say that cuddling and hugs are some of my most favorite things to do.
And despite being home sick today, I feel like all of those things sound amazing right now.
1 comment:
I needed to collect my thoughts for a while. I think this was a beautiful post. A great workable pregnancy plan. Glad that you got to hear Roo's heartbeat today.
Post a Comment