Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mandy's journey as an engineer

Recently, a group of middle school girls came through my office on a tour of our facilities and to learn more about "what do engineers do?"  A few of the female graduate students in our office and I were asked to put together a short presentation about our journey as engineers and to answer questions, motivate, excite, etc.  It was a great experience!  Thought I'd share with you the little timeline I put together along with some highlights of what I do as an acoustician.  By the way, the 5th grade report is in reference to the report I wrote called the "Celebration of Me." In the chapter on what I want to be when I grow up, I wrote something about how I would like to do something that combines science and music.  :-)  I still have it.  What's your journey look like? 


2 comments:

Wendy said...

Love the journey! It is a great visual and especially that you put in your family as part of your journey!

OranArch said...

I can't begin to tell you how wonderful this made me feel. Your Dad and I are so proud of you and the journey that you have crafted for yourself and your family. We love you all!